Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Some Spring in my Step

My day started at 3 a.m. yesterday, as usual. The twist was as I sat down to eat my cereal thunder rolled in bringing driving rain and sending my poor girl-cat, Charlie, under the bed. Even my boy cats hunkered close to the floor. That's when I figured it would be another day stuck inside the gym.

Don't get me wrong, I love my gym, but I love to be outdoors too.

Well, just before noon the clouds parted and it warmed up. So, when no one showed up for walking club, I hit the streets running. It was beautiful and perfect and I loved it. That is despite being downtown and sucking car fumes here and there.

Today is another glorious day and I will run outside again. I actually workout harder when I get to do it outside. I have no idea why, but yesterday I ran two mile in under 18 minutes - for me, that is WAY fast. Maybe it's simply the fresh air. Breathe in and enjoy.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment