Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Exercise Stimulus

The economy is a mess, anyone who argues this is an oil executive. So, they are sending out 'economic stimulus' checks. Ah, $600, I don't agree with the concept, but I will take it none-the-less.

Now, I am disgusted by the very idea of using it for everyday expenses - especially gas. I will not be putting a single penny into the oil company coffers with this 'windfall'. I instead have vowed that I will spend my money local and if at all possible not on anything from China.

Then it hit me, there is another way to save gas, the environment AND better my thighs - a bike. I have wanted one for a long time and this is the perfect storm, I have money coming AND I am actually in shape to use one.

That got me to thinking, everyone should use their tax rebate for health purposes. Anything from a bike to the new yoga outfit you have been eyeing to new running shoes. Believe me, if you are fit, you save money. Whether it's medications, clothes (plus sizes are much more expensive) or food (you naturally eat less), it's to your benefit to be fit.

So, stimulate your health journey and spend a few dollars on you.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment