Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Inspiration - 4/6/08

It's Sunday and as usual, I have been busier than I probably should be. (Something about this being a day of rest...)

Yesterday I ran the route for the AIDS Run/Walk. I wanted to try it to see if I would survive well enough next week to make an appearance an hour later at Hy-Vee Hall. I did. In fact, I ran it in 34 minutes flat! The 34 is impressive for three reasons: 1. Last fall on an almost completely flat course I ran 36:19; 2. I have run 5Ks on the treadmill recently at 34:40 and 34:20, and I only threw in a few inclines; 3. The time is astounding because there were hills! Not little inclines on the treadmill, honest to God Iowa mountains!

Now, before anyone calls me on that, of course I am exaggerating on the 'mountains'. But damn, there was one hill I didn't even attempt to run, I simply walked it. Overall, it was an amazing challenge. I am glad I did it. And barring rain or snow, I'll do it again next weekend.

The other thing about Sunday around here is inspiration...

I went looking for inspiration and I have found it for you. Her name is Jessica and she has lost 140 pounds over the past 6 years. She has done it the right way - eating right and exercising. She is as adamant against 'magic pills' and surgery as I am. She agrees that it is a lifestyle change that makes for permanent weight loss and nothing else.

Here you can check out Jessica's Blog.

On Tuesday I will show you my version of computer generated 'before' and 'after' pics inspired by the ones on her page. While I do not believe I am done with my body yet, the pics really woke me up AND made me happy with where I am.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment