Monday, April 21, 2008

From the beginning...

Tip - Read as voraciously as you once ate.

I consume pieces of health and fitness factoids like I used to consume Oreos - endlessly and with gusto. The bonus - these nuggets of knowledge help control my hips, not add to them.

I make it a point to learn something new every day. Preferably a couple of things, one for fitness, one for health and one for food. I also increase my general life knowledge through news events, history books or the web.

Learning something every day will not only help your body become stronger, it will keep your mind as taut as your butt too. Which, by the way, is also a side effect of exercise:

"Exercise increases levels of brain chemicals that encourage the growth of nerve cells. This may explain why aerobic activity enhances memory skills, and why moderately strenuous physical activity is strongly associated with successful brain aging." - from AARP magazine

Yours in (mental) health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment