Sunday, February 10, 2008

Long Day

The day started with a core, arm and lower body workout at home at 6 a.m. Then to Fitness World West for 20 hard core minutes of cardio - elliptical, rowing machine and bike. (Really like the rowing.)

Then I grabbed my Starbuck's (Venti Americano with sugar-free mocha and a 1/4 cup skim milk with a drizzle of half & half + 4 packets of Splenda - I like it sweet - that is the only time I have artificial sweeteners during the day.)

Ran across town, borrowed my step-mom's Explorer and headed to Ft. Dodge to help my step-sister and her husband paint three bedrooms in their house. I only got to paint a closet, otherwise I was helping recover chairs, clean the kitchen after lunch and make two trips to the home improvement store.

The trip back sucked. The day went long and I was driving back in the dark. The wind had picked up to 40 mph, it was sub-zero and I kept hitting snow squalls that took visibility from 1/2 mile or more to nothing in a split second. Now my upper back is bothering me from white knuckling all the way back.

So, long day hours wise AND I ate crap - a handful of chips, a handful of crackers and a medium size piece of really great red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. The problem with that is I also ingested all of the things that keep me healthy and on-track like lean protein, fruits, veggies and whole grains. So I went over my calories by about 500 - ugly.

I have this weird thing happen when I travel, even if it's just to Ft. Dodge. My body remembers when I used to be on the road all of the time for jobs or school and it wants to revisit those eating habits. That was terrible eating - which I will never return to. Example of driving menu before: chocolate milk (not fat-free), mini-donuts, chips, taffy, fast food with fries and soda, Twizzlers, Skittles, possibly pizza. (Man, I am getting erpy ready that.) Suddenly some chips and cake are looking sane.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment