Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

It's getting to be a recurring theme - it snows, I don't get to go to the gym. Urgh. I am going home now to do core - so I can move in some way today.

I know I am in Iowa, but this is ridiculous. And contrary to what the people who think they are funny believe - THIS is global warming.

All right, stepping off my soap box now for something workout related - calories burned by snow. (Based on a 150 pound person)

Shoveling snow by hand - 408 calories per hour
General ice skating - 476 calories per hour
Skiing downhill light effort - 340 calories per hour
Cross Country skiing light effort - 476 calories per hour
Sledding - 476 calories per hour
Snowshoeing - 544 calories per hour

All nice burns and if you work more than a little the calories go up substantially. IF you have time to go - which I don't. (yes, I would like cheese with that whine)

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment