Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A sleeveless shirt

Went to Fitness World West today to workout this afternoon. Looked inside my gym bag and found I had packed everything I needed - except a t-shirt to workout in. As I had worn my 'congratulations to me' cashmere sweater today - there will be NO sweating in that.

So, I grabbed my wallet and headed up to the pro shop. Nothing but very small 'larges' or actual mediums. The medium and my breasts were not going to happen. That left me with the 'large' sleeveless red t-shirt.

It stopped me in my tracks. I haven't worn a sleeveless t-shirt in... well frankly I have no idea. But I got over my fear and wore it to workout. And it actually was kind of empowering.

Two things: A. I know in my heart, my arms are ready to be scene, no matter what my neurosis may say. 2. I could actually see my arms as I worked out and DAMN my guns are huge when they are pumped. Seriously, I think I may have surpassed some of the guys at the gym - VERY nice.

I felt all Linda Hamilton in "T2" or Demi Moore in "GI Jane" (bonus on that movie - Viggo Mortensen). Made me grin in proud embarrassment. Tee-hee.



Yours in fitness, Kate

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sleeveless shirt!! I know that fear. I refuse to show my arms...and it's not fear of other people seeing them. It's fear of ME seeing them. :)

    ReplyDelete