Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Inspiration - For Teens

My weight problems started in my teens. I had unknowingly suffered from depression for a couple of years and I was looking for a friend. Sugar highs make you feel good and my sad relationship was born. Add to that the fact that we were poor and the food in the house didn't have the nutritional building blocks you need to maintain a healthy weight and all of us ended up overweight.

I look back all of the time and wish someone would have taken me aside and stopped me before I got of of my teens. When you are young you can reset your metabolism at the drop of a hat. But alas, I waited two decades to learn my lesson.

That's one of the reasons I am so passionate about helping educate kids now, basically from birth, on proper nutrition and how much fun exercise can be.

Today's story is a teen who realized that something had to change and acted. He was able to give up the high-fat, sugary staples of the high school crowd and exercise as well. He's a great inspiration, his name is Chris.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment