Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two Days Off

I took Sunday off from exercise. I was sore all over. Three days of hitting it hard and I was paying the price.

Yesterday I took the day off as well. It was a combination of still being quite sore in my upper back (from both the pole dancing and working my lats with weights) and frankly, I was feeling lazy.

Yesterday was my first full week day off, um, well... It's been a long time. So when I woke up and my back still hurt, I thought it was probably a sign.

So, the sum total of what I did yesterday was - get up, eat breakfast, lay around petting cats, shower, meet family for lunch, eat too much, run quick errand at Target, go home and become way too sleepy, eat just small bowl of cereal and strawberries for dinner, pack workout gear and food for work, go to bed at 5:30 p.m. That's right, no typo there. I slept a good portion of the time between 5:30 and 2:30 a.m. too.

Lori said I probably needed it, if I was nodding off at 4 yesterday. She was probably right. Today I am doing much better though.

This afternoon I will hit the gym hard and I plan a full week of doing just that. So, the time off is gone and I am all back 'on'.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment