Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The 37 Workout

Today is my first full day of being 37. I was born at 11:52 p.m., so I was technically only 37 for 8 minutes yesterday. To that end (and because I was too tired to go yesterday), today will be my "Birthday Celebration Workout". I don't think normal people use those words together.



Since I am now 37, I have decided to do 37 of everything today - in a row. As in:

37 minute run (that's a 5K+)

37 squats (cake)
37 inverted crunches (doable)
37 push-ups (okay, that's gonna have to be done in multiple sets - but it'll be sets in a row)
37 bicep curls (love it)
37 of some other kind of crunch
37 tricep extension (that's gonna be sore tomorrow)
37 hamstring on ball moves (I have no idea what it's really called)
37 shoulder moves (we'll see how far I get after last week's injury)
37 butt extensions (nope, not even near what's it's really called, but I do it on a machine and I know what it is, so that all that counts)
37 of whatever I randomly choose at the gym

Appropriately that is 370 exercises + 37 minutes running. I think I will make this an annual tradition, so it will only get more challenging as I get older. Of course, we'll see what I have to say about this way of thinking at 95! But then, I like to think, I'll always be up for a challenge.

Yours in fitness, Kate

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! What a cool way to celebrate the day! My 36th is looming oh so near, I may have to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and you should, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete