Friday, September 19, 2008

Lori's Actual Crush & I'm Off

Turns out, as Lori informed me on the way back from Henry Rollins tonight, her real media crush at the moment is Keith Olbermann. (There you go roomie, the record has been set straight.)

As for the show, Henry rocked, of course. He told old stories and new. He was funny and poignant and intelligent and (as usual) I walked away thinking harder than when I went in.

On the way back Lori and I got into this hilarious 'fight'. When we are both amped up and punch-drunk-tired we tend to banter about absolutely nothing of importance. We laugh hysterically as we come up with even more convoluted scenarios and explanations to make each other crazy. It's all a game, but if anyone ever heard us, they would think we were loons.

As for the other part of this post title, "I'm Off". Besides the obvious, that I am a bubble off plum, I am actually off work today (Friday). It is my first vacation day since becoming full-time at the radio group. And I have asked that someone to cover my weekend shift as well. That means, for the first time since January 2006, I will have three days off in a row!

To be honest, I am feeling a bit lost. It's weird. I have been working so hard, so long, that it just feels like it's part of me. But I know I have earned it, so I am going to try to enjoy. I hope to sleep in this morning. Then go put in a long, hard workout, use the pedicure certificate Caelen, Annette and Casey got me and meet my mom for lunch. Beyond that, I have no clue.

Lori is gone most of the weekend, so I am looking for some form of trouble...

Yours in (mental) health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment