Thursday, September 25, 2008

I hate being a Girl

O.k., you know that's not true. I would not want to be a man for anything - that blood-brain vacuum thing that happens - I need to be able to think.

But I do sing the ditty, "I hate being a girl" to the tune of Rodgers & Hammerstein's "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from Flower Drum Song. I do that when I have my period and I am unstoppably miserable. I am crampy and hungry constantly. And tired. Like right now.

Boy, I'm just peaches and cream today. This will teach me not to back to back my birth control packs. You see, I had been skipping my periods by putting my pill packs one right after the other. (Knowing laugh.) But I decided I should go ahead and have one this month. What the hell was I thinking?!

On that note - I think I am going to go home and enjoy being a girl.

Yours in (poor mental) health, Kate

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you...that's one time when I hate being a girl too...but I'd never ever switch to be man.

    ReplyDelete