Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cooling Down

By the time I hit the street to run yesterday the temp had dropped about five degrees and the humidity by 25%. It was comfortable, in fact, just about perfect to run.

For a couple of days now I have been nursing my back and wondering why I was queasy. As I was stretching yesterday I found my back had improved and realized the problem with my tummy - snot. That's right, mucus.

I used to have allergies pretty badly, but they were yet another health malady that went away as I lost weight. The last two weeks though I have been sneezing again, suffering headaches, and now I realize, getting erpy from post-nasal drip.

That realization, along with the Dixie Chicks' "Sin Wagon" coming on my headset, fired me up. I headed out the door with a vengeance. It was all sprints and hard walks. Half way back the temp cooled another five degrees and the wind started to blow. That was inconvenient as my right shoulder has taken to aching fiercely when it gets too cool. But I sucked it up and kept running. After two days off, there was no way I wasn't going to.

Today is supposed to be even cooler, which is great. As much as my shoulder hurts, it means I can run outside again and do weights and core at home. That saves me gas money, because I don't have to go across town to the gym.

That's one of the things I have been thinking about lately, cooling down means winter will be here before we know it. Last year I missed several workout sessions due to butt-high snow. This year I won't allow that. I need to get some new dumbbells and a stationary bike or something for cardio. Or maybe I will go ultra cheap and just rent a different exercise video every week from the library. That's an interesting thought.

Well, I realize this has been a bit of a rambling post, but I don't think I am awake yet, despite having been up since 2:35 this morning. Anyway, break over, time to work. Have a good day!

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment