Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Abs Diet

I am just starting to hunker down and read "The Abs Diet for Women" by David Zinczenko, the Editor-in-Chief at Men's Health and Women's Health magazines. Already I am on board with his idea of constantly mixing protein and whole grains and complex carbs - it's actually how I ate before I got off track.

The thing that really has me intrigued is his (scientifically backed) belief you only need 20 minutes of cardio at a time. No more 45 minute runs? Hell yea! And the exercise side seems to be about weight lifting and tearing up your abs - two of my favorite things!

I am going to read more tonight, but I think this is going to help me reboot things the right way.



By the way, it's getting cooler, which puts me in mind of soup. But soup tends to be salt and calorie laden. Yesterday though, I hit the mother-load. I found Campbell's Select Harvest Light soups. I had one for lunch today, the whole can - 120 calories, 6 grams protein, 8 grams fiber and still too much sodium. But hey, I am damn full and I had a big serving of veggies!

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment