Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sunny Saturday

There is a patio in my future. I don't know where or if I will be eating or drinking, but I will be sitting outside enjoying the unstoppably beautiful weather at some point today.

This morning I did my run to the farmers market. I was encroaching on being late because I watched too much of the news (good/bad habit of mine) so I debated driving. But then I took a deep drag off the crisp end of summer air and trying jogging down the street. I made 2 miles in 16 minutes, not bad. I didn't really feel like I was running that fast, but apparently I was.

I met up with Lori and her mom and we grabbed the produce for the week - brussel sprouts, potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet corn, squash (for Lori), honey crisp apples, french beans, and at least two other things I am forgetting. I noted to Lori and Barb on our way to their hotel that the FM basket has gotten heavier as I have gotten healthier. That works out well as it's always up to me to carry it after it hits 10 pounds. Today was pretty close to a record, it easily weighed 20+ pounds, I had to put my hip into it.

Back here at the apartment I did some body weight work on my arms and legs and tons of abs. I have taken to putting the "Abs Diet" book next me me when I am on the mat to remind me of form on certain moves. It's fun. I hope sooner or later to not need the book.

I worked out to Bon Jovi's "New Jersey" disc. I had forgotten how much it was really just fun, plus a couple of good ballads and a couple of rockers, all-in-all, a pretty good workout disc.

When I am done posting, I am headed to the shower, then onto my day. I don't know what it will hold. I am fully prepared to wing it. This is my second day off and as I ran past my office this morning I felt a little pang of guilt. But not enough to go in this weekend, this sunny set of days is all mine.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment