Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Biker Chick

Sunday I bought a bicycle, today I am going to pick it up. I would have taken it then, but the store was closing and it needed a different 'girly' (my word) seat installed. By the way, you know it was a man who designed the seat on bikes - they end up in some pretty uncomfortable places.

I was going to pick-up the bike with the help of a parent of some form (they have trucks and such), but I decided to wait and by a bike rack instead. I did just that early this afternoon. So, tonight I am going to grab the bike.

I am quite excited. Not only will I save gas, but it will be a whole new shock to my body to ride a bike on the street for the first time in 20 years. Hopefully that will lead to much fat burning. Dale from the seafood department at the Gateway Market has lost over 20 pounds by simply starting to bike. (Go Dale!)

Lori plans to buy a bike soon as well, so the carrier I got will hold two bikes. I am looking forward to hitting the trail already.

Yours in fitness, Kate

2 comments:

  1. Extra super exciting! What kind did you get?

    I need to get new tubes and a tune up on mine, as I registered to ride RAGBRAI one day, and it hasn't been ridden since 2005. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously we will have to hit the streets together!

    ReplyDelete