Saturday, May 31, 2008

Brighten Your Outlook

The weather lately in Iowa has been, well, crap. In fact you can go back through the winter and see that too much precipitation has been the trend since October. Now, as we mosey into June, the rain just won't leave us for more than 24-48 hours.

I found myself all kinds of funky this week, the pinnacle being Tuesday. The rest of the week I have swung between elated (my great lunch) and disheartened (not being able to ride my bike to work AGAIN).

Too many times to try to adjust those attitude issues I turned to chocolate. But then I decided there were better options, like this -


Yes, I bought very cheap, funny flowers to brighten my own day and you know what, it worked. Every time I look at them I think, "Those are really vibrant. Kind of pathetic looking, but sunny in their own way."

Now I am off to do the thing that REALLY always fixes my attitude, workout. But remember the next time you are ready to dive into a box of Twinkies, there are other ways to get your grump over the hump.

Yours in (mental) health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment