Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Think I have Figured out the Problem

I think my sinus infection is coming back.  I never got all of my sense of smell back.  But then, last night, as I sat in Wells Fargo Arena rocking out to one of the best concerts of my life (thank you Elton John!) I realized I couldn't breath through my nose that well.

This morning when I woke up to go to physical therapy I recognized the familiar feeling of ick that can only be found with a sinus infection.  I have to say, weirdly, I am a little relieved.  I was seriously concerned when days later I was so achy from my workout.  Now I know that's the ache that come with my ickness.  Oh well, I will call the doctor on Monday about another round of meds.

My PT appointment was a great way to get me and my tired, achy butt to the Mercy/YMCA Healthy Living Center.  I had water therapy again, this time with PT assistant Ed.  He's very nice and walked me through my paces.  Afterward I went and sat in the whirlpool and then in the steam room.  Steam helped me to ward off a severe infection before, I am hoping it will do the same this time.  They even have a eucalyptus spray, which also helps with sinuses.  It was a great way to get energized enough to come to work.

Now however, I am more than ready to take a nap.  That's further proof I must not be feeling well.  Normally I want to be up and going all day on the weekends after work because it's the only I get to run errands.  Today though there is a couch instead of a Home Depot in my future.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment