Monday, April 19, 2010

Week Two is Under Way

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday, I was still feeling kind of ick.  Today is a better day today.  My only maladies at the moment are that I am tired and hungry.  But then I have been going for 12 hours now without a stop, so that's to be expected. :)

I met with Trainer Gwyn again at the Mercy/YMCA Healthy Living Center.  She really is great.  I told her my shoulder had just stopped aching after pushing it too far last week, so we mainly concentrated on lower body and core. 

That's the thing I like best about being at the center, no one expects you to be a Super Woman out of the gate.  As much as I would like to be going at the rate I was 18 months ago, I would put myself in the hospital if I tried that.  Instead, I am encouraged to listen to my body.  If it hurts in a bad way - don't do it.  I know it seems elementary, but when you want to get it done NOW, it helps for someone to remind you of your humanity.

That being said, I am woefully behind on putting Intuition Magazine to bed this week.  But the deadline is Friday, so I am coming in early tomorrow to give it my full attention.  The fewer people around the more that gets done.  I may even put up the "working on deadline" sign.  I use it very rarely, but I think this rates.

Well, since I am tired and hungry, I best get my butt home.  Have a good night.

Yours in Health,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I think it's good you recognize your limits on working out. Too often in the past I've been asked to push beyond the pain...but that always feels wrong to me. There's "good pain" where you know you're pushing muscles to build, but there's bad pain too...and we (and trainers and instructors) need to pay attention to that.

    ReplyDelete