Sunday, April 11, 2010

Getting my Ya-Ya's Out

Going in to this weekend before my official start at the Mercy/YMCA Healthy Living Center, I had no intention of throwing caution to the wind and noshing endlessly - but I did.  It was a "Tour de Food" through Central Iowa.  Every time something was presented I was like, "Well, this is the last time I can do this for a while."

Admittedly that's not really true, I am a big believer that once you get your basics down about food - calories, nutritional composition and portion size - you can eat anything in moderation.  Which I did, each time I indulged. :)

Here's the full confession:

Friday night - Lori's Birthday dinner - Le Jardin for truffled chicken with savory mushroom bread pudding and for dessert apple bread pudding with creme and caramel.  Both were AMAZING and I recommend it to anyone wanting a splurge.

Saturday - Lunch at Hickory Park for Aunt Marla's birthday - Open face turkey sandwich with gravy and mashed potatoes and a scoop of coffee ice cream with hot fudge for dessert.  Saving grace?  The gravy and mashed potatoes were both salty, so I did not even come close to finishing.  The ice cream of course was just fine. ;) 

Saturday night - Dinner was simple - a cup of potato leek soup from the Weight Watchers cookbook and 100 calories worth of pistachios.  However, then it was off to Gateway Market downtown for their third anniversary party - couple bites of cheese, several bites of bread, taste of ravioli and small piece of anniversary cake.  Oh and a couple of their amazing almond macaroons to take home and eat.

Sunday - Lunch at Bruegger's, did right thing and split chips with Lori.  However, then went next door and had homemade ice cream at Bauder's.  Somehow it just tastes better when you are sitting at an old fashioned soda counter - another recommendation.

Sunday dinner - I am getting ready to go down stairs for dinner now and have the chicken brat that also came home from Gateway last night and some veggies.

Wow.  That's a lot of food.  The best part of today, health wise, was three hours in the yard today, though I know I will be sore tomorrow.

And that's the best thing of all - tomorrow.  That is the day I officially begin again to begin again.  I will soon not get sore doing yard work or be in pain walking stairs.  I have a whole world reopening to me tomorrow that I have really missed.  I can't wait to reintroduce myself.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment