Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crazy Saturday

First, I want to say I had a blast bowling last night for NASCAR community day!  (And it's more exercise than you think!)  I was paired up with NASCAR drivers Matt Kobyluck and Joey Gase.  Matt is from Connecticut and had his son along because it's his birthday weekend.  Joey is just 17 and from Cedar Rapids!  We also had a fan, Ryan, bowling with us.  Everyone was great, you can tell NASCAR is a real family and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Thanks to Craig Armstrong and the gang at the Iowa Speedway for inviting me.  If you are looking for great racing, Newton is the place this weekend and three other weekends this summer.

Now, my crazy Saturday:  I will finish writing this, do a shift on LITE, fix an Information Iowa problem, help a friend with a project (where we walk around in circles for hours filling bags) and then it's off to do another charity event.  This time it's the volunteer effort Give Back Des Moines.

I will be broadcasting from 4-6 this afternoon at Principal Park, they are having family activities as they encourage people to pick a non-profit to volunteer for.  Then after that I plan to stick around for a while at the Iowa Cubs game, they play at 6:35.

Weee!  With a day like this, I better get going.  Hope you have a great one!

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment