Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trying to keep up with Myself

My day started at 3 a.m., I had to run the broadcast for Ken & Colleen's Kids, our Children's Miracle Network Radiothon on STAR 102.5.  It's a great cause, the program helps make the kids more comfortable while they often fight rare or life-threatening diseases at the University of Iowa Hospitals.  If you would like to give, call 1-800-456-2772.  All money raised stays in Iowa.  So, I ran the board, then off to do two interviews for LITE 104.1's Outstanding Women You Should Know. 

Then to PT with Kristi at the YMCA Healthy Living Center.  We agreed that I have made great progress.  In fact, after my hard weekend last week, I did very well with pain, it was a huge step forward!  So, we are cutting back to once a week.  They will happily tape my knee between visits if I need it.  But otherwise I am going to continue my exercises on my own and my workouts with Gwyn and hope to keep moving forward.  Yea!

After PT I went back to work to finish up a couple of hours and then headed off to my third interview of the day for Outstanding Women. (These are last year's awesome women.)  The point behind OW is to acknowledge the women who are the fabric of our community, the ones who work behind the scenes and are unsung.  It's a real honor to meet these women and get them to open up about their stories.  They are always flabbergasted that anyone thinks of them this way and don't' believe they are really out of the ordinary.  But they really are a wonderful part of our community. 

The website will be updated a week from Monday with our 2010 Women and then they will make an appearance in a special section in the next !ntuition Magazine.  BTW - This a is a great way to directly market to women, call our director of publishing Kari Elbert if you are interested in putting an ad in the issue.

Well, I better go, another way too early morning tomorrow.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment