Monday, March 3, 2008

From the beginning...

Let's pretend we're on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?". A really difficult question comes up - time to phone a friend.

The same thing is true of dealing with eating issues. You're faced with the temptation of pizza and the urge will not go away. Have the one slice for a taste, add a salad and then run the other way and phone a friend.

When you are starting out, you want to be good, but pizza has its' evil ways. No matter how hard I tried at the beginning, if there was something left of what was taunting me, I wanted it. Hell, I even felt I needed it. (Yea, we all know that's a crock - no one NEEDS 5 slices of pizza.)

So I learned that after those two Oreos I just 'had to have' were gone, I had to find a distraction. That's where great support comes in. Or at least the ability to dial someone and talk about anything but creamy white centers surrounded by dark chocolate goodness. (I think I just drooled.)

So the tip is, talk it out. Find someone to take your call or lock the cabinet and converse with the cat, but distract your brain and it will let go of the craving that much sooner.

As for me - I really want something sweet. So I am headed to the gym - nice trade-off huh?

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment