Friday, March 7, 2008

Stomach Bug - AGAIN - Day 3

Warning: Cranky girl ahead

My stomach is still unstoppably queasy. It keeps spasming and tying itself in knots. I have to force myself to eat. More than a bite or two and my body wants to revolt. I have yet to vomit or have things get unfriendly at the other end.

But I am relegated to eating very little and sipping water. Example - I have been working on the same cup of cereal for two hours and it is not gone. I stepped on the scale this morning, because I knew what was happening. In the first two days of this, I lost 3 pounds.

Believe me, I still have fat to lose, but this is not the way to go about it. In fact, chances are, it's muscle I am losing. Annette suggested the BRAT diet yesterday and Mom said to avoid raw foods. I am a little lost. So, I called the doctor today.

Her nurse told me there is a stomach flu going around that has nausea and wicked cramping, but no vomiting. She said to stay hydrated, push food when I can (it doesn't matter what kind) and that it could last up to a week. That last part makes me really pissy.

I have no choice, I will have to finish up what will be a 12 hour shift and then go lay down. No workout. That's four days in a row! I don't know if it's feeling like crap or missing the gym, but I want to cry today for some reason. That's notable because I do not, as a general rule, cry.

Now don't get me wrong, it won't kill me to take time off from the gym. But I miss how I feel when I am done. I miss knowing I am getting healthier. And I miss the energy it gives me, because right now, I have NONE.

Wow, I think I will go back to the top and warn people I am in a mood.

Back to work now, whether I have the energy or not. Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Yours in (icky) health, Kate

2 comments:

  1. Funny that your mom and I gave conflicting advice. Anyway, I hope you feel better. Taking a short break from your intense workouts probably will do your body good. You could come out of it stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping just exactly that.

    ReplyDelete