Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Next Challenge


I teased on Sunday that I have picked my next 'thing'. That goal I believe everyone should put out there to improve their fitness.

It's the AIDS Walk/Run 2008 to benefit the AIDS Project of Central Iowa. It is happening April 12th at 10 a.m. and it starts at Des Moines University. I will be running the 5K on the "hilly" course.

That last part is the most important one. Hills, running and me. Frankly that threesome has never been my friend, so that will be challenge #1. Challenge #2 is shaving time of my personal best. O.k., I have only run one race, but hey that was my best! (Here's a link to remind you.)

I ran it in 36:19. So, my goal is to beat my time by 1 minute. That may not sound like a lot, but when you haven't been running much, it feels like a lot. That's taking about 20 seconds off each mile.

So, I have already started running again. The stairs will become a once in a while thing until I get closer to the 801 next year. One of my favorite things about this race is that, once again, it is for a great cause. Who doesn't feel great doing good things for others while doing good for yourself?

Yours in fitness, Kate

3 comments:

  1. Did I tell you that I signed up too? I'll probably do more walking though. Or all walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both of you are crazy, but I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Annette, you didn't. That's awesome! I look forward to running with you again.

    And I think anonymous is probably Mom, so HI mom and thanks!

    ReplyDelete