Saturday, March 8, 2008

Feeling Pathetic

Stomach Bug - AGAIN - Day 4

It's getting better. I can now force myself to eat small amounts of food, nausea be darned and it stays put. The stomach cramping isn't as bad as it was. But I still haven't been able to put enough calories in my body to workout. I still feel too weak to head to the gym.

Today I did what everyone has been telling me to do, I have stayed home and done NOTHING. I am incredibly pathetic at doing nothing. I used to be the queen.

When I was morbidly obese, I could lay on the couch and endlessly flip through TV channels watching bad lifetime movies or old TV shows. I even confessed to Lori last night that I had once watch the cheer leading movie "Bring it on" in one of those moments. In my defense, it was the original with Kirsten Dunst, so at least it was passingly original at the time. Oh hell, who am I kidding, still a sad example of the former me.

And while I was beached on the couch, flu or no, I would be eating. You've got to feed yourself when you are sick you know? That's actually true. What's not true is that a bag of Oreos will make the stomach flu go away.

I have found out over the last couple of days that I am now bad at eating junk. I could be having literally anything I wanted right now, just to get food in my body and I am not. Weight loss update - 5.5 pounds in 3 days - holy crap. Instead I cam craving fruit and vegetables and whole grains. My most indulgent moment goes to yesterday when I had some 'double cream' cheese on white Italian bread. If butter and brie had a baby, this is what it would taste like. But I haven't been able to eat more than one piece at time.

All of this lack of energy and laying around has lead to too much thinking. Mainly about men. Which is for a whole other kind of blog, which I do not keep. To protect the innocent, or not so innocent.

I did check one thing off my 'to do' list that is a few months old - I watched the movie "Once". It was sweet and funny and did not end like I wanted. But a friend had recommended it months ago and I needed to watch it. I fully understand why it one the "Best Song" Oscar, wonderful music.

And I guess this is my other accomplishment, I have blogged.

I really do have every intention of going to the gym tomorrow. But I will leave it up to my body and I hate that.

Yours in (icky) health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment