Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Checking Under the Hood

I went to the doctor today for a FULL physical. Yep, checked under the hood, kicked the tires, checked the oil.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with me, it's just the thing a girl needs to do once a year. And that's what I want to say - take care of yourself. Men tend to die younger than we do because they aren't as likely to - wonder what that lump is or take that little cough seriously.

Even if you haven't been to the doctor in forever, you know your body and can usually foresee a problem. Narrow the chances that problem will be serious by getting a regular check-up.

Even when I didn't have insurance, I made a point of having a physical. It was particularly important because I was overweight and there are a myriad of issues that can come from that.

If you can't save up like I did at the time, that's o.k. There is assistance available from the state where you live or even, in Polk County, Iowa, the county. If the check you need is reproductive, Planned Parenthood specializes in reproductive health and has assistance available.

You literally can't live without a healthy body. So eat right, exercise and get a check under the hood for good measure.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment