Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two Hours

Busy day today. Had a meeting. Went to the gym. Continued at the gym. Continued at the gym.

All right, completely lost track of time and looked up to find - I had been working out for TWO hours.

People have accused me of being addicted or just plain sick in the head. I am not, but when I get in the groove, I can let things get away from me a little. Today pretty much topped all of those others times though.

But it brings up a point I was making to an acquaintance today at that meeting. He was being very kind about how good I look and said, he wishes he could do it. And then he patted his belly and laughed.

I explained, anyone can do it. No really, if my formerly unmotivated, unhealthy, unwilling and morbidly obese butt can do it, anyone can. You just need a plan and a reason to stick with it.

I will reiterate. I did not start this journey with two hour sweat fests at the gym. I started with ten minutes of walking, out and back. My pace was about 2.5 miles and hour. Everything begins with the little things. That can be true for you as well.

This next week, I will do a series of entries on what my little things were. Maybe, if you are just beginning, you will find something you can use.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment