Friday, January 25, 2008

Traci's Tips

Trainer Traci had to take a week off from tips for a personal situation. So, instead I will give you the bonus me tip of the week.

With our first warm weekend coming in quite a while, my tip is - get outside. You don't have to do your full workout in the great outdoors, but a brief walk would be great. This will help remind you that spring will come again someday AND get fresh air in your lungs.

I love working out at Fitness World West but being outside once in a while has great benefits as well. Including a little vitamin D from the sun. Yes, the sun does have benefits, it is the best source for vitamin D. Vitamin D has many benefits including helping you absorb calcium better and possibly fighting cancer. Now, I am not saying lay in the sun for hours. However, just 15 minutes a day can get you much of the vitamin D you need.

Plus, especially this time of year, sun can help boost your mood.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment