Sunday, January 20, 2008

18 Months and Counting...

I realized mid-post yesterday that Friday was my 18 month anniversary. I have been making healthier food choices and exercising since July 18, 2006. In those 549 days I have lost 110 pounds (I now weigh 150 pounds) and gained knowledge and a new sense of self worth.

Other new things from the past 13,176 hours:

I have learned how to eat healthy.
How to exercise properly.
I know, understand and like myself better.
I have stopped correlating weight and happiness.
I have realized I do not have to change who I am because I have become healthier, I am still me.
I have embraced my calling to help others make lifestyle changes.
I love to exercise.
I love vegetables.
I am capable of making great choices for my health.
This is a forever change and now I can't imagine it any other way.

In the next 790,560 minutes I hope to:

Learn more.
Exercise more.
Hit my goal of a completely athletic body.
Find a way to help my skin tighten up.
Learn more about nutrition.
Continue to help others that want to make changes.
Experiment more with food.
Try new activities outdoors.
Find complete peace regarding the way I abused my body for so many years and forgive myself for it.

Well, here's to the next 47,433,600 seconds, may the be as fun, healthy, fulfilling and happy as the last 78 weeks! I'm headed to the FWW.

Yours in fitness, Kate

2 comments: