Wednesday, January 16, 2008

From the beginning... (part 4)

I learned straight out of the box there was something I would have to do, but did not want to - you see, controlling your food only gets you half way - I HAD TO EXERCISE.

At the time I had all of the excuses down pat - "I don't have the time", "It hurts", "I don't enjoy it" or "I'm too fat". I soon realized though, if I was serious, I had to make time; if it hurts, you are doing it wrong; if you don't enjoy what you are doing, do something else; yes, too fat - that is the point.

So, I got moving and that's tip #5 - get moving. I started by walking 10 minutes from my home and ten minutes back. But, ANYTHING that makes you break a sweat, gets your heart going and gets your breathing faster is good.

Today, I love to workout. I do it daily and I don't feel complete without it. It makes me happy. (Which by the way is an actual physiological side effect.)

I'm going to be all official now and say:

My blog is just friendly advice. I am telling you what I learned along the way and about my experiences. You need to make sure you are physically able to get moving, so as they say on the commercials - "See your physician before starting any exercise program".

But, my friendly advice is to eat right and exercise and you are two thirds of the way to being a healthier person. Tomorrow - the third part the mental/emotional - this one is going to hurt.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment